“We are there for you.”
The EASL Fund is available to visual artists and visual arts professionals who live within a ten county area of North Texas (Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Park, Rockwall, Tarrant and Wise). Proof of residency in one or more of those counties for a minimum of two years is required.
Applicants must be pursuing a fine arts career as evidenced by a record of exhibitions or significant involvement in the North Texas arts community for a minimum of two years.
Grants are available not to exceed $5,000 per 365 calendar-day year; up to $15,000, lifetime, with a maximum of three years assistance.
All grant application questions must be answered completely and all requested documentation and materials must be included in order for the application to be evaluated. Grants are payable directly to service providers or expense holders and not to the applicant.
Qualifying Events Include
- Short- or long-term medical emergency
- Terminal or chronic illness
- Accident or natural disaster resulting in physical trauma/distress or loss of personal and/or professional property
- Other event that creates a crisis situation
- The Dallas Foundation is the fiscal sponsor of EASL Fund a component fund of The Dallas Foundation, a 501(c)(3), publicly supported charity, has the final approval on what constitutes a qualifying event.
Grant Criteria – Applicant Requirements
- Must be one of the following:
- Visual artist pursuing a fine arts career as evidenced by a record of professional exhibition and evidenced of significant involvement in the North Texas arts community for a period of at least two years (vita or resume)
- Visual arts professional of fine art as evidenced by a history of professional activity and evidenced of significant involvement in the North Texas arts community for a period of at least two years (vita or resume)
- Must live in one or more of the following 10 counties for a minimum of two years: Collin, Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Parker, Johnson, Ellis, Kaufman, Wise, or Rockwall Counties. Proof of residency in one or more of these counties is required. (i.e. driver’s license, voter registration, etc.)
- Application is required to show verifiable documented financial need, with proof of financial status
- Current VITA or Resume of professional art activity to include a record of exhibitions and/or significant involvement in the North Texas area must be provided
- References must be provided
- All Grant Application questions must be answered completely
- All Grant Application requested documentation and materials must be submitted with application in order for the application to be evaluated
The following people do not qualify for an EASL Grant
- Family members of applicants
- Artists in non-visual art field
Grant Application Process
If you, or… If you know an artist who is trying to cope with a desperate situation:
Click here to download the grant application.
Give your completed application and all supporting documentation to any EASL Board of Director member, or mail your grant package to:
EASL Grant Application
P.O. Box 7895
Dallas, TX 75209
Or, you may scan (pdf-format) and EMAIL the application and supporting documents to:
— EASL grant applications are handled with great care and treated as strictly confidential. —