EASL is committed to making help readily available to individuals in the visual arts community when emergencies take place. In order to make sure our funds are being used responsibly, and are helping those who have given their time and talents to making the North Texas visual arts scene so special, we ask that people seeking our assistance submit a grant application. All applications are handled confidentially, and EASL does not disclose information about applications, or those who have received support.
What Does It Take To Qualify For Grant Funds?
The grant funds available through EASL are intended for those individuals who support themselves through artwork, and those who are pursuing a career in the visual arts field. It is also reserved for artists who belong to the North Texas community. With this in mind, we ask that applicants fit the following criteria:
- An applicant must fit the following professional qualifications:
- The applicant is pursuing a career in the fine arts, with a record of professional exhibition and evidence that they have been involved in the North Texas arts community for at least the past two years.
- The applicant is a visual arts professional of fine art, with a record of professional activity, as well as evidence of work in support of the North Texas arts community for at least the past two years.
- For at least the past two years, an applicant must be a resident of at least one of the following ten counties: Collin, Dallas, Tarrant, Denton, Parker, Johnson, Ellis, Kaufman, Wise, or Rockwall. Proof of residency in any of the counties for the past two consecutive years is required.
- The need for financial assistance must be provided, with both the individual’s needs and current financial status given.
- A current VITA or resume of professional art activity, which should reflect exhibitions and/or significant involvement in the North Texas area.
- An applicant must have references for EASL to contact.
- An applicant must answer all of the questions listed on the grant application.
- The application and all supplemental materials have to be submitted before an application is considered.
NOTE: Family members of an artist, and artists in a non-visual art field, will not be eligible for grant funds.
Grant Application Process
If you qualify for grant support and are in need, or if you believe you know someone who would qualify for support, click here for the grant application.
Due to the current ‘shelter in place’ conditions, we need a little more time to process grants. Once the Board approves your grant, it needs to go to The Dallas Foundation staff, to process and send checks. It is taking more time than usual, so please be sure of monthly due dates for things like rent and utilities when applying for financial assistance!
Give your completed application and all supporting documentation to any EASL Board of Director member, or mail your grant package to:
EASL Grant Application
P.O. Box 7895
Dallas, TX 75209
If you ‘snail mail’ your grant application, please let us know at email@example.com (so we remember to go to the P.O. Box!)
Or, you may scan (pdf-format) and email the application and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org